Business Profile: Royston Vets – Festive Emergencies…

Royston Vets: Festive Emergencies

We all want to treat our pets during the festive season however it is important to know what can be hazardous for our pets.

Foods such as chocolate, raisins and onions can be highly toxic for your dogs and cats. It is important not to feed your pet’s human foods that may contain toxic ingredients, and instead purchase pet-specific treats to give them. Christmas decorations, such as baubles or tinsel, can seem like toys to dogs or cats. However if these are consumed they can cause blockages within the stomach or intestines and become life-threatening. Presents can also be potentially hazardous if your pet decides to chew them, especially if they contain batteries. It is vital you seek assistance from a Veterinary professional if you believe your pet has come into contact with something toxic or hazardous.

If you need more advice ring Royston Vet Centre on 01763 242221 –