Age UK Hertfordshire are supporting people again this year with Winter Welfare Checks to help with the cost-of-living impact.
This will be primarily for older people, however, anyone who is vulnerable and living in hardship can be referred. We will be delivering this support via our handyperson services, where one of our handypeople can help with the following:
• Provide and install draught excluders for doors and windows to reduce heat loss
• Provide and install radiator reflector strips to maximise heat dispersion
• Provide and install energy efficient bulbs and night lights
• Provide an electric blanket or a winter duvet (single size only)
• Provide a Warm in Winter bag
• Help to take meter readings and set heating timings and thermostats (please note that we are unable to help with any central heating related issues as this this will require a gas-safe engineer and/or an appropriate tradesman).
• Hang winter curtains
This service will be available until the end of March 2024 and is free of charge as it is fully funded by Hertfordshire County Council and the ICS. Please note that we will in all instances contact the client via phone to talk over any concerns they may have prior to making an appointment to visit.
We will endeavour to action your requests in a timely manner; this can vary depending on the demand and availability of items throughout the months of operation.